Invisalign for Crowded Teeth
Invisalign for Crowded Teeth - Is it Right for You?
- What Are The Symptoms Of Crowded Teeth?
- Why Should You Fix Crowded Teeth?
- Does Invisalign Work For Crowded Teeth?
- Benefits Of Using Invisalign For Crowded Teeth
- Invisalign Consultation At 209 NYC Dental
Crowded teeth are a misalignment that can cause oral health complications. The teeth cannot perform their functions effectively when they are misaligned. Fortunately, using Invisalign for crowded front teeth is highly effective. Without putting on cumbersome metal braces, you can have your teeth realigned. Before you come to 209 NYC Dental to correct your teeth misalignment, take a few moments to learn more about the features, causes and treatment of this condition.
Call 212-355-2290 for Information about Invisalign for Crowded Teeth
Written by: Dr. Benjamin Ahn
What Are the Symptoms of Crowded Teeth?
The symptoms of crowded teeth may be mild or severe. Typical symptoms include:
- Poor alignment of the upper and lower teeth
- Altered facial appearance
- Biting of the tongue or inner cheeks
- Jaw pain
- Significant discomfort while biting or chewing
- Noticeable speech problems such as a lisp
- Breathing difficulties
What Causes Crowded Teeth?
Crowded teeth are usually inherited, which means this dental issue is passed on from one generation to another. If you have crowded teeth, you will likely see similar misalignment in your parents’ and siblings’ teeth.
In addition, certain habits and conditions can alter the structure and shape of your jaw, including:
- Thumb sucking beyond the age of three or four
- Extensive use of bottles during early childhood
- Continuous use of a pacifier when a child is past the age of three
- Injuries or trauma that can misalign the jaw
- A cleft in the lip or palate
- Early loss of baby teeth
- Gum disease (gingivitis)
- Excessive pressure on the gums and teeth
- One or more abnormally shaped teeth
- Ineffective dental care that leads to poorly fitting dental crowns, fillings or braces
- Allergies or enlarged tonsils that result in airway obstruction or mouth breathing
Why Should You Fix Crowded Teeth?
It is important to fix misaligned teeth because they can:
- Make proper chewing difficult
- Lower your self-esteem by making you feel self-conscious concerning your appearance
- Put the jaws, teeth and muscles of the mouth under strain
- Heighten the risk of a broken tooth
- Make it more difficult to clean the teeth
- Increase the risk of having gingivitis, cavities and tooth decay
How Can a Dentist Fix Crowded Teeth?
Your dentist will take X-rays, make 3D images of your teeth, take pictures of your face and make teeth impressions to decide on a suitable treatment plan. The X-rays will reveal the precise position of your teeth and their roots. They will also show if there are teeth that have yet to come out through the gums. The pictures of your face will allow the dentist to study the relationship among your teeth, jaw and head.
After making a detailed diagnosis, your dentist can select the best treatment plan for your misaligned teeth. For many people, Invisalign will be a suitable solution.
Does Invisalign Work for Crowded Teeth?
Yes, Invisalign works as a treatment method to correct and straighten crowded teeth. This dental technology corrects teeth spacing problems and works effectively for patients who have crowded teeth. Invisalign will be an ideal treatment plan for you if:
- You have dental issues such as overbite, crossbite, gapped teeth and crowded teeth. Severely misaligned teeth may require additional dental treatment.
- You want a subtle and less conspicuous treatment option. Invisalign works perfectly for teens and adults. These solutions are removable, comfortable and not cumbersome like traditional metal braces.
- You can keep the clear braces on throughout the day. For the treatment to be fully effective, you need to keep Invisalign braces on for a minimum of 22 hours daily. You will only take them off when you are eating or cleaning your teeth.
The Invisalign procedure treats crowded teeth by pushing the teeth gradually into proper alignment. It moves each tooth up by one-quarter of a millimeter after each set of aligners is fixed. As the teeth shift, they make more space in the mouth, decreasing overcrowding. The teeth eventually move into their correct positions.
How Long Does Invisalign Take for Crowded Teeth?
The duration that Invisalign takes to achieve correction depends on the severity of overcrowding. After the impressions of your teeth have been created, you will need to wait for about four weeks for the trays to be created. Then you will put on a set for about two weeks. The total number of trays created and the length of time for treatment depends on how severe the misalignment is. While some patients may need two to three months for treatment, some may have to continue treatment for 12 to 18 months.
Benefits of Using Invisalign for Crowded Teeth
Some of the most prominent benefits of choosing Invisalign that many patients look for and appreciate are:
- Improved physical appearance: Unlike metal braces, the clear aligners can hardly be noticed. They will allow you to enjoy an attractive smile throughout the duration of the treatment.
- Better dental hygiene: You can take off the clear aligners any time you want to eat, drink or clean your teeth. As a result, your teeth will remain clean, and no food particles will get stuck in the aligners.
- Precise and personalized treatment: Every aligner is designed based on the precise 3D impression of your teeth. They fit perfectly and are about the most comfortable form of treatment for overcrowded teeth.
- Removable aligners: Invisalign can be removed at any time, though you need to keep them on for about 22 hours daily for them to be effective. You can take them off any time you need to. They can fit perfectly into your normal lifestyle, and you will not be hindered by metal brackets, elastics or wires.
Meet Dr. Ben Ahn, Our VIP Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Dr. Ben Ahn is a VIP Diamond Plus Invisalign dentist who is currently practicing at 209 NYC Dental. He has one of the highest levels of expertise when it comes to using Invisalign to treat patients.
A dedicated member of various dental associations within and outside of the U.S., Dr. Ahn is committed to discovering new approaches to taking care of dental issues, including overcrowded teeth. He has used Invisalign for more than 15 years to treat various types of malocclusions.
Dr. Ahn’s current status as a Diamond Plus provider means that any treatment plans he chooses will be approved by Invisalign. He currently treats both adults and teens.
Get Your Invisalign Consultation
Call 209 NYC Dental for more information on using Invisalign to treat crowded teeth. Before you invest in this type of dental treatment, you need to be sure you are making the right decision. That is why you can get an Invisalign consultation at 209 NYC Dental, an ultra-modern dental facility in New York City. Consultations are $50 and if you proceed with treatment, we will apply $50 towards your Invisalign treatment. Call now to take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn more about Invisalign. We will examine your teeth and provide detailed answers to all your questions.
While you are enjoying this consultation, we will take 3D digital images with our iTero 3D digital scanner. We will use this powerful imaging system to develop impressions of your teeth, and you will see how Invisalign works for crowded teeth with before and after pictures. Then, Dr. Ahn will prescribe a treatment plan to achieve the desired realignment. Reach out to us or book your first appointment now.
What Our Patients Are Saying
With over 1000 reviews from all over the web with an average rating of 4.9 we are proud to be in the Manhattan Dental Elite.