209 NYC Dental’s History
New York’s Oldest Operating Dental Practice
209 NYC Dental is the oldest continuing practice in New York State. We have inherited a legacy of taking care of individuals and families over many generations. Please see our evolution over the past 12 decades.
Dr. Joseph Kuhn, a prominent member of Catholic Church, established the original dental office.
Dr Roy Wolf condensed the three practices at 1097 Second Ave. Dr. Wolff was a dynamic Dentist and gave much back to his community in Bay Ridge Brooklyn.
Dr. Steven Kafko joined the practice, following his three-year residency in the USAF. Dr. Kafko became a partner in 1982.
Dr. Jack Kaminsky joined the practice.
Drs. Kafko and Kaminsky formed a partnership, known as Kafko & Kaminsky DDS, which lasted until 1 May 13, 2013.
The office moved to the current location at 209 East 56th Street, New York NY 10022. The architectural design of our offices enabled us to win a third place award for health care facilities by the The American Institute of Architects New York State. We were published in the Journal of Dental Economics as the office of the month for the entire country.
Redesign of the office enabled us to bring in new specialists to our practice, Drs. Ben Ifraimov, cosmetic dentist, and Steven Lipner, root canal specialist. Teaming with the dentists of such caliber enabled us to provide even better dental care and a wider range of services to our patients.
To continue serving our growing number of patients, a new location was opened at 172 Madison Ave. 172 NYC Dental continues our tradition of high-quality dental care including routine checkups and cleaning, whitening procedures, dental implants, or more advanced cosmetic dentistry.
Although the names have changed, and the equipment is ultra modern the precepts of placing patients first, “treating people not just teeth” still ring true today.