All-on-4 Dental Implants & Implant Dentures NYC
Implant Dentures & All-on-4 Implants Specialist
- All On 4 Dental Implant Options
- Implant Dentures Pros And Cons
- All On 4 Dental Implants Cost In New York City
- How To Care For All On 4 Implants
Take A Bite Out Of Life In Manhattan!
If you live in New York City and are looking to restore your missing teeth, consider seeing the dentists at 209 NYC Dental.
Your snap-on dentures will be carefully crafted using premium materials to reach a comfortable fit and offer an attractive, natural look. With modern equipment, serene settings, skilled implant doctors and restorative dentists, and an experienced lab technician all under one roof, you will get the treatment you deserve.
See Before & After Results for Yourself
Our Denture Specialists
Implant Dentures at 209 NYC Dental
What are All-on-4 Implant Dentures?
The all-on-4 procedure involved embedding 4 anchor points into the gums to provide support to a full denture. These dentures are also called snap-in dentures, implant-supported dentures, permanent dentures, denture implants, all-on-8, all-on-4, and full denture implants.
All-on-4 implants are complete rows of upper or lower teeth replacements. The implanted teeth look natural and feel just like your real teeth.
Implant Denture Procedure
Just like other implant-supported restorations, getting an implant denture is a two-phase process:
Step 1: Placement of four dental implants into the jaw.
Performed by: Dr. Jin Wang, our implant specialist.
What to expect: During the procedure, Dr. Wang will install a total of four implants and secure a false tooth over each titanium screw. You will be completely comfortable under routinely monitored anesthesia during your surgery.
Step 2: Placement of the false teeth and new permanent denture
Performed by: Dr. Ben Ifraimov, our cosmetic dentistry expert.
What to expect: Dr. Ifraimov will attach a permanent denture at the anchor points so your smile is seamless
All-on-4 Dental Implant Options
There are two types available of Implant Supported Dentures today.
1. Bar Retained
For the Bar Retained or overdenture implant option, your doctor follows the contours of the jaw with a thin metal bar. The doctor then attaches the bar to the implants. Once the bar has been placed, attachments or clips on the actual denture are engaged to lock the two pieces together.
2. Ball Retained
The largest difference between the Bar Retained option and the Ball Retained option is the mechanism used to attach the denture. This option is named for the ball-shaped attachment connected to the implants. The ball attachment is secured and locked into a socket on the denture implants.
This is the most popular option and is preferred among many clients. You will want to discuss your options for the types of dentures with one of our excellent dentists to help you make the right decision for you.
Implant Dentures vs. Dentures
The thought of getting dental implants can be daunting for many patients because of the surgery requirement. The dentists at 209 NYC Dental understand the challenges of medical anxiety, which is why we offer a consultation with our restorative dentists to help guide you to the decision that is best for you.
Another option for replacing natural teeth is getting regular dentures without implants. If you get full or partial dentures, you will have to hold them in place with an adhesive and clean them separately from your usual dental hygiene routine. You can remove impermanent dentures at your leisure, and you can wear them without having to get implants installed.
The Pros and Cons of Implant Dentures
When you’re deciding on having dental implants installed, it’s important to consider how a removable denture may also cause discomfort like you may experience following implant placement. Patients who decide on implant-supported dentures as a treatment were mostly glad to accept the short-term discomfort while recovering from implant surgery, versus wearing dentures that slide and slip day after day.
The pros of implant dentures
Easy eating and drinking
Better aesthetics and higher self-confidence
Skipping the denture adhesive
The cons of implant dentures include
The recovery process
Risk of complications
The Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants in NYC
If you lack health insurance, the average NYC cost of snap-in dentures with four implants and all attachments is $19,999.
The cost of the same treatment plan at 209 NYC Dental ranges from $15,000 to $18,000.
209 NYC Dental participates with most PPO insurances. If you have insurance that we participate in, the full cost of denture implants is determined by your dental insurance.
To help our patients, with the financial aspect of getting this procedure, we offer several payment options, including payment plans.
How to Find a Good Dentist for an Implant Procedure
Finding the best dentist will ensure the longevity of your implant dentures. Consider the following when choosing a dental practice that specializes in implant treatment:
- Any dental treatment starts with a good diagnosis. Thus make sure that the dental office you choose has proper diagnostic equipment like digital x-rays and panoramic machines.
- The implant dentist has to be able to evaluate and restore jaw bone in case of its deficiency by placing a bone graft.
- The skills of the implantologist and restorative dentist are crucial. Placing implants correctly, so biting pressure is spread throughout the denture versus in one spot, will guarantee that the bone surrounding the implants will remain healthy for decades and implants will continue to be uncompromised.
- It is best if the implant specialist and a restorative dentist work together because that will ensure treatment is coordinated and that the denture dentist has all the proper parts to restore the implants, since they are using the same implant system.
- When it comes to restoring missing teeth, it is best if the dentist’s office has a lab on-premises. With a lab technician available to assist the dentist and make the adjustments to ensure a comfortable fit. Incidents happen dentures get dropped and break. A lab technician in many cases may able to repair your dentures on the same day.
- If you are disabled, make sure that the dentist’s office is wheelchair accessible.
How to Care for All-on-4 Implants
Just like your teeth, implants and implant dentures will need to be cleaned daily. You will still need to come in for your regular adult check-ups to ensure the health of your bone and gums. Below are some ways you can care for your implants:
- Brush your dentures regularly using a soft-bristled toothbrush at least twice each day.
- Use dental floss between any gap spaces to clear out food particles, or use a water flosser to make flossing easier.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any changes in your gumline. Some changes may be normal after the first two weeks your appliance is installed.
Choose 209 NYC Dental for Your Denture Implants
Eat, drink, and smile freely again with 209 NYC Dental’s All-in-4 Dental implants.
If you need a consultation with our Periodontist / Dental Implant Specialist the fee for the visit is $150. The fee includes consultation and a digital panoramic x-ray if needed. The credit of $150 will be applied towards periodontic or implant treatment upon the start of treatment.
209 NYC Dental is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan and open seven days a week, providing our patients with additional flexibility when scheduling. With over 20 years of experience, we have expanded into a multi-specialty practice with the ability to aid you with any dental issue, all in one location.
Book an appointment today to improve your smile and quality of life. Schedule your consultation for a denture implant procedure at NYC Dental today, or contact us for more information about our services.
Author: Dr. Ben Ifraimov
What Our Patients Are Saying
With over 1000 reviews from all over the web with an average rating of 4.9 we are proud to be in the Manhattan Dental Elite.