All-on-4 Dental Implants & Implant Dentures
Implant Dentures & All-on-4 Implants Specialist
- All On 4 Dental Implant Options
- Implant Dentures Pros And Cons
- All On 4 Dental Implants Cost In New York City
- How To Care For All On 4 Implants
You could literally be taking a bite out of something in no time with the help of Dr. Ben Ifraimov who specializes in full mouth rehabilitation with implant bridges, crowns, and dentures in New York City.
Book an Appointment Today
Improve your life with Jin Wang, our highly skilled Board Certified Periodontist, and Implantologist.
Read to the end to find out how to get Free Teeth Whitening for you or your family member!
What Are All-on-4 Implant Dentures?
Many types of dentures are available to patients, but implant dentures specifically provide support to a full denture by using the implants as anchor points. These dentures are also called snap-in dentures, implant-supported dentures, permanent dentures, denture implants, All-on-8, All-on-4 and full denture implants.
All-on-4 implants replace a complete row of upper or lower teeth. The implanted teeth look natural and feel just like your real teeth.
What Is an Implant Denture Procedure?
Just like other implant-supported restorations, getting an implant denture is a two-phase process:
- The first step is the surgical treatment that involves placing four dental implants into the jaw, which is why this denture is called All-on-4.
- The next step is the placement of the false teeth and the new permanent denture.
Our implant specialist, Dr. Jin Wang, performs the surgery. During the procedure, your surgeon will install a total of four implants and secure a false tooth over each titanium screw. You will be completely comfortable under routinely monitored anesthesia during your surgery.
Next, Dr. Ben Ifraimov will complete the second phase. He will attach a permanent denture at the anchor points so your smile is seamless. Implant retained dentures contain attachments that lock onto another supporting attachment on the dental implants, thus providing excellent retention to a permanent denture.
All-on-4 Dental Implant Options
There are two types available of Implant Supported Dentures today.
1. Bar Retained
For the Bar Retained or overdenture implant option, your doctor follows the contours of the jaw with a thin metal bar. The doctor then attaches the bar to the implants. Once the bar has been placed, attachments or clips on the actual denture are engaged to lock the two pieces together.
2. Ball Retained
The largest difference between the Bar Retained option and the Ball Retained option is the mechanism used to attach the denture. This option is named for the ball-shaped attachment connected to the implants. The ball attachment is secured and locked into a socket on the denture implants.
This is the most popular option and is preferred among many clients. You will want to discuss your options for the types of dentures with one of our excellent dentists to help you make the right decision for you.
Implant Dentures vs. Dentures
The thought of getting dental implants can be daunting for many patients because of the surgery requirement. The dentists at 209 NYC Dental understand the challenges of medical anxiety, which is why we offer a complimentary consultation with our restorative dentists to help guide you to the decision that is best for you.
Another option for replacing natural teeth is getting regular dentures without implants. If you get full or partial dentures, you will have to hold them in place with an adhesive and clean them separately from your usual dental hygiene routine. You can remove impermanent dentures at your leisure, and you can wear them without having to get implants installed.
The Pros and Cons of Implant Dentures
When you’re deciding on having dental implants installed, it’s important to consider how a removable denture may also cause discomfort like you may experience following implant placement. Patients who decide on implant-supported dentures as a treatment were mostly glad to accept the short-term discomfort while recovering from implant surgery, versus wearing dentures that slide and slip day after day.
The pros of implant dentures:
- Easy eating and drinking: The number one reason so many patients choose the All-on-4 Dental Implants procedure is that they can once again eat like they used to. Most find that conventional dentures take away much of the enjoyment that they find in eating. The inadequate stability of removable dentures and full coverage of the upper palette detracts from the pleasure of eating.
- Less slippage: With implant-supported dentures, there is no need for adhesive, and the dentures will stay in place without moving around.
- Better aesthetics and higher self-confidence: A beautiful smile and the ability to speak well are crucial to your self-confidence. Full implant dentures return your confidence with more secure attachment and better aesthetics.
- Easy speaking: The snug fit of the denture will guarantee proper speech and a natural smile.
- Bone health: Bone health is an added benefit that patients obtain with implant-supported dentures.
- Skipping the denture adhesive: You should also consider the lengthy effects of regular consumption of denture adhesive. Denture adhesives contain zinc, and according to the FDA, too much zinc in the body can lead to health problems such as nerve damage.
The cons of implant dentures include:
- The recovery process: Nearly all surgical procedures do have some form of discomfort involved, but implant placement is a minor surgery. You can complete the surgery right in our dental office, while you listen to your favorite music and dream about a beautiful smile and that crunchy bagel. The recovery process from placing dental implants is short. Most patients can go back to work the next day and return to all normal activities, even sports, in a few days.
- Risk of complications: Although rare, any surgery poses a risk of infection or complications. Your doctor will discuss the risks with you during your consultation.
The Cost of All-on-4 Dental Implants in NYC
If you lack health insurance, the average NYC cost of snap-in dentures with four implants and all attachments is $19,999. The cost of the same treatment at 209 NYC Dental ranges from $13,500 to $15,000. 209 NYC Dental participates with most PPO insurances. If you have insurance that we participate with, the full cost of denture implants is determined by your dental insurance.
Patients are sometimes uncomfortable when considering implant restorations because of the higher cost of the treatment. Patients have to pay for implants and the bone graft if needed, and then full implant dentures on top of that.
Consider how the cost of full denture implants is much less alarming with all the health benefits you will regain. To help our patients with the financial aspect of getting this procedure, we offer several payment options, including payment plans. Please find the complete description of payment options on the Patient Information Page.
How to Find a Good Dentist for an Implant Procedure
Finding the best dentist will ensure the longevity of your implant dentures. Consider the following when choosing a dentist:
- Any dental treatment starts with a good diagnosis. Thus make sure that the dental office you choose has proper diagnostic equipment like digital x-rays and panoramic machines.
- The implant dentist has to be able to evaluate and restore jaw bone in case of its deficiency by placing a bone graft.
- The skills of the implantologist and restorative dentist are crucial. Placing implants correctly, so biting pressure is spread throughout the denture versus in one spot, will guarantee that the bone surrounding the implants will remain healthy for decades and implants will continue to be uncompromised.
- It is best if the implant specialist and a restorative dentist work together because that will ensure treatment is coordinated and that the denture dentist has all the proper parts to restore the implants, since they are using the same implant system.
- When it comes to restoring missing teeth, it is best if the dentist’s office has a lab on-premises. With a lab technician available to assist the dentist and make the adjustments to ensure a comfortable fit. Incidents happen dentures get dropped and break. A lab technician in many cases may able to repair your dentures on the same day.
- If you are disabled, make sure that the dentist’s office is wheelchair accessible.
The Best Dentist for All-on-4 Implant Procedures in NYC
If you live in New York City and are looking to restore your missing teeth, consider seeing the dentists at 209 NYC Dental. With decades of experience restoring missing teeth and excellent reviews from hundreds of our happy patients, we are pleased to be regarded as one of the best dental offices.
With modern equipment, serene settings, skilled implant doctors and restorative dentists and an experienced lab technician under one roof, you will get the treatment you deserve. Your snap-on dentures will be carefully crafted using premium materials to reach a comfortable fit and offer an attractive, natural look.
How to Care for All-on-4 Implants
Just like your teeth, implants and implant dentures will need to be cleaned daily. You will still need to come in for your regular adult check-ups to ensure the health of your bone and gums. Below are some ways you can care for your implants:
- Brush your dentures regularly using a soft-bristled toothbrush at least twice each day.
- Use dental floss between any gap spaces to clear out food particles, or use a water flosser to make flossing easier.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any changes in your gumline. Some changes may be normal after the first two weeks your appliance is installed.
If you want to smile freely again, enjoy your food without the hassle of missing teeth or just have more confidence and enthusiasm, why not consider All-on-4 Dental Implants? Book your consultation today with one of our dentists to find the best solution for you:
- Dr. Jin Wang – Periodontist and Implantologist
- Dr. Ben Ifraimov – Cosmetic Dentistry and full mouth rehabilitation with implant bridges, crowns and dentures
We offer a Free Consultation with a restorative dentist. Getting an evaluation with our periodontist and implant specialist is $150. 209 NYC Dental also offers a Complimentary Teeth Whitening With Any Treatment of $5,000 or more, and if you don’t need it, we will extend this offer to your family member.
209 NYC Dental is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan and open seven days a week, providing our patients with additional flexibility when scheduling. With over 20 years of experience, we have expanded into a multi-specialty practice with the ability to aid you with any dental issue, all in one location.
Choose 209 NYC Dental for Your Denture Implants
Are you ready to eat and drink like you did before you needed dentures? Dr. Ben Ifraimov specializes in full mouth rehabilitation with implant bridges, crowns and dentures in New York City, and Dr. Jin Wang is our highly skilled Board Certified Periodontist and Implantologist.
Book an appointment today to improve your smile and quality of life. Schedule your consultation for a denture implant procedure at NYC Dental today, or contact us for more information about our services.
Author: Dr. Ben Ifraimov
What Our Patients Are Saying
With over 1000 reviews from all over the web with an average rating of 4.9 we are proud to be in the Manhattan Dental Elite.