Invisalign for Gaps
Invisalign for Gaps - Is it Right for You?
- What Causes Gaps In Teeth?
- How Can A Dentist Fix Gaps?
- Will Invisalign Fix Gaps?
- What Is The Invisalign Cost For Spaced Teeth?
- Invisalign For Gaps Consultation At 209 NYC Dental
Gap teeth are a dental issue where you have extra space in between two or more teeth. This condition is also known as a diastema. If it is not treated promptly, gapped teeth can cause spacing issues between your teeth where food may get stuck. It could also make the gums sore and tender or cause gum disease.
Fortunately, it is possible to use Invisalign for treating gaps in the teeth. These solutions are more effective than metal braces, and you will enjoy a comfortable and convenient treatment plan at 209 NYC Dental. Before you book a consultation at our ultra-modern dental facility, we would like you to know more about this condition and how Invisalign can be used to treat it.
Call 212-355-2290 for Information about Invisalign for Gaps & Spaces
Written by: Dr. Benjamin Ahn
What Causes Gaps in Teeth?
A variety of factors can contribute to the occurrence of gaps in between teeth. In some people, gaps are related to the size of their jawbone and the relative size of their teeth. Spaces may be formed in between teeth when a person’s teeth are too small for their jawbone. Consequently, the teeth appear too far from each other. The size of the jawbone and teeth is determined by inheritance, so you may notice gaps in the teeth of your parents and other members of your family too.
You could also have spaces between teeth because of an overgrowth of tissue at the border between your upper front teeth and your gum line. This kind of overgrowth creates a gap between the teeth.
In addition, some bad habits can trigger the formation of a gap between teeth. Children who indulge in thumb-sucking can put excessive pressure on the front teeth, which may pull them forward. In older children, gaps can develop due to improper swallowing reflexes. Instead of the tongue staying at the mouth roof as food is swallowed, the tongue could push the front teeth forward. This is a condition known as tongue thrust. While it may look harmless at first, when excessive pressure is placed on the front teeth, it can cause separation to occur.
Gaps can also be a result of gum disease. The gums get swollen with gum disease, and they can damage the supporting tissues around the teeth. This process may cause gaps and tooth loss.
Why Should You Fix Spaced Teeth?
It is important to fix teeth gaps when they are prominent, embarrassing or a result of gum disease. You have a variety of treatment options, but using Invisalign, the comfortable, replaceable, clear aligners, is one of your best choices.
How Can a Dentist Fix Gaps?
The type of treatment you receive from your dentist depends on the cause and size of the gaps in your teeth. Some of the most effective treatment options include the following:
- Invisalign treatment: Yes, Invisalign clear aligners are effective for fixing and closing gaps in teeth.
- Veneers or bonding: This procedure is necessary when there are cracks in the teeth.
- Dental bridge: A bridge may be used to replace a missing tooth.
If your dentist diagnoses a gum infection, you must be treated for the infection first before braces are used to close the gap.
Will Invisalign Fix Gaps?
Yes, Invisalign can fix spaces in between teeth. We can offer you a consultation to examine your teeth and determine the type of Invisalign treatment that is most suitable for you. The benefits of using Invisalign for gaps include:
- Enhanced self-esteem: Closing gaps in your teeth will give you a better smile. This change will improve your confidence and make you feel more relaxed, enabling you to smile while taking pictures and meeting people.
- Better oral hygiene: You can remove the clear aligners whenever you want to eat or clean your teeth. As a result, your teeth will be free of plaque, and food particles will not get trapped between them.
- Personalized treatment: Invisalign clear aligners can be designed to fit your teeth. The aligners are created after the making of a 3D impression of each tooth, which is why they will fit your teeth perfectly.
- Comfortable clear aligners: Invisalign clear braces feel comfortable. There will be no metal wires, elastics or plates attached to your teeth. Food will not get stuck in them, and you can easily remove them and put them back.
- Discreet treatment: During the treatment period, the clear aligners will be virtually invisible. Unlike someone who is wearing traditional braces, you will not have to be embarrassed each time you open your mouth.
What Is the Invisalign Cost for Spaced Teeth?
The cost of your treatment will be determined by the severity of your dental problem and how long it will take to complete treatment. For minor gaps, you may only need to wear aligners for about 10 weeks. Mild gaps will usually take about 20 weeks, while moderately severe cases will take about 12 to 18 months. Prices for the minor cases could begin at $2,000. However, you need to come in for an imaging test and dental examination before you can obtain an accurate estimate of the cost of treatment.
Meet Dr. Ahn, the VIP Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Dr. Ben Ahn is one of the best Invisalign dentists in the United States. He holds the prestigious VIP Diamond Plus Invisalign award. As head of the team of Invisalign dentists at 209 NYC Dental, he offers the highest level of expertise available for treating malocclusion patients. As a committed member of the American Dental Association and many other international dental associations, Dr. Ahn is dedicated to exploring different approaches to treating dental issues, including gaps, open bite, underbite, crossbite, overbite and crowded teeth.
Within the last 15 years, Dr. Ahn has used Invisalign to treat hundreds of dental patients with this effective dental technology. In addition to his expertise with comprehensive Invisalign, he also offers Teen and Express treatment plans.
Call for Your Invisalign For Gaps Consultation
Give us a call at 209 NYC Dental to book your consultation, or schedule online. During this consultation, you will learn all you need to know about how Invisalign can correct gaps in your teeth. You can also get an Invisalign pre-examination to determine the type of treatment plan that will be best for your condition. Consultations are $50 and if you proceed with treatment, we will apply $50 towards your Invisalign treatment.
When you come to our ultra-modern dental office, we will use our 3D digital scanner to create 3D impressions of your teeth. Then, we will use the impressions to recommend a treatment plan. You will discover the most effective Invisalign for gaps treatment system with before and after photos.
What Our Patients Are Saying
With over 1000 reviews from all over the web with an average rating of 4.9 we are proud to be in the Manhattan Dental Elite.